Searching for coffee beans? If you are a working person then coffee is indeed your best friend. A common fact about coffee is, it releases mental stress as it has an amazing fragrance and strong taste. But do you know what kind of coffee is perfect for you? Surprised with the question? Well, let me tell you, there are different types of coffee beans you might like to know about them. Let’s check them out!
Mainly coffee beans are of four types, namely
Liberica also known as Liberian Coffee, is the rarest type of coffee beans. These coffee beans are species of flowering plants that come up from the family of Rubiaceae plant famous for the coffee beans. However, the taste of Liberica coffee is less strong than the other Robusta and Arabica coffee beans.
Liberian coffee plants are found in western and central Africa, in Liberia, Angola, and Uganda that are a house of these coffee beans and are also particularly naturalized and processed in the Philippines, Indonesia, Andaman, Seychelles, French Polynesia as well as the Nicobar Islands, West Indies, Venezuela, Malaysia, Columbia and also Brazil.
Liberian Coffee Plants
Liberica coffee beans are grown on Liberica coffee plants. Coffee beans are huge and asymmetrical in shape that normally surprises coffee users. Vast gardens of Liberian coffee plants spread all over Africa are mesmerizing.
Benefits of Liberica Coffee beans
- Liberia coffee can act as a pain killer in case of headaches.
- Also found effective in Parkinson’s Disease.
- Very effective in heart diseases like reducing blood pressure.
- A good friend of those who want to control cholesterol.
- It helps in removing 50% chances of any kind of cancer.
- If there are already Gallstones in the body, this coffee can remove them with excess use and prevents the organs from stones.
- Liberica, like any other coffee, is good in improving mood as it releases the stress and relaxes the senses as well.
As Liberian coffee beans surprise the people because of its abnormal size, people also have different views about its taste. Some coffee lovers don’t favor the taste as it is naturally smoky in flavor. Other people compare it with tobacco and few call it woodlike note and earthy aftertastes.
Yet, there is a huge number of people who love this smoky flavor.
Facts About Liberian Coffee
- This exotic coffee is becoming rare in the world and it is like bringing it back from extinction.
- Liberian coffee is the most different species of coffee beans.
- There is a threat that the Liberica beans will be wiped out from the world as the Liberica beans farm is being replaced by the hybrid coffee beans farm.
- The unique flavor of the smoke of these almond-shaped beans is famous among those who don’t take alcohol but like the weed kind of flavor. People mostly take this coffee in utter depression.
The world’s second most famous and most selling coffee is Robusta. Its beans are quite bitter but lower acidic than other coffee beans. Beans come up from a coffee plant Coffea Canephora usually called Coffea Robusta. Robusta beans are widely used in instant coffee, espresso and also to add as a filler in ground coffee blends.
Up to 40% of the world’s coffee production depends upon Robusta coffee beans.
The farming of Robusta takes place in the Eastern part of the world mainly in Indonesia as well as Africa. Nonetheless, Vietnam is the main ground for producing these coffee beans. But this is not all, the world’s largest producers of this coffee are India, the Philippine, Cameroon, Thailand, Madagascar, Guinea, Guatemala, Uganda, Malaysithe a Brazil, Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast).
Robusta coffee plants
Robusta coffee plants can withstand extreme temperatures like up to 30 degrees of sun and even above that. However, this plant also requires a lot of water to stay healthy. This plant is quite flexible and little in size.
Robusta plants usually grow at lower altitudes and are immune to insects and various diseases. In the open and wild environment, it grows taller, but the farmers don’t let it happen to easily harvest the coffee beans inside its berries. Each berry contains two beans inside.
Benefits of Robusta
As Robusta contains more caffeine than other beans, it provides the following benefits to the coffee user:
- It reduces fatigue as well as headaches.
- Chances of cell deterioration and deadly diseases like liver cancer become lower.
- It is very effective in losing weight.
- Boosts the memory, energy and helps in concentrating on work.
- It helps in avoiding serious health issues like type 2 Diabetes, Gallbladder stones, Cardiovascular disease and other diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
People who don’t even know a single benefit of Robusta coffee beans, but have a strong taste, take this coffee overly. That’s because this coffee has less sugar and more caffeine and is extremely strong in taste. It is more earthy and grain-like in taste.
Facts about Robusta Coffee
- Robusta coffee beans have some of the most important varieties of coffee beans in India which are S.274 coffee and CxR coffee.
- People mostly love this coffee due to its chocolate linger taste and strong, bold flavor.
- This coffee is rich in caffeine that has a direct and abrupt effect on the brain so that it activates the mind and removes anxiety. This is why it is mostly used by the official people.
- Keep in mind, Robusta coffee will lose its real taste after it is brewed. So it is necessary to make only the desired amount of this coffee and drink it right away.
- These coffee beans can be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container in a dark place.
Arabica coffee is the world’s most famous and widely used coffee and considered to be the first cultivated coffee beans in the world.
Arabica coffee beans take up the world’s 60% of coffee production.
Arabica beans are produced in a large number in Vietnam, Brazil, Columbia, Indonesia, and Ethiopia.
Arabica beans plant
Arabica coffee plants were first cultivated in Ethiopia. Later they were spread all over the world. More than 50 thousand varieties of Arabica Coffee exist in the world today. Such coffee plants are evergreen and grow up to a height of tall trees. Mostly these plants are present in different gardens with a slightly different taste.
Benefits of Arabica Coffee
- With less or no calories, Arabica coffee is mostly calories free. If you want to drink calories free coffee, drink it as much as you can.
- Definitely Arabian coffee is the best antioxidant for your body as it contains Vitamin E so you can avoid infections and diseases.
- It contains 95% of water so during fasting days or whenever you are lacking hydration. This coffee is a good source of hydration.
- As it has less caffeine, Arabica coffee is better than any other black coffee.
- It controls the sugar level and avoids the body from diabetes in normal health as well as from cancer.
Certainly, the taste of Arabic coffee is sweet and contains a good fragrance. Whether you want to take this coffee in its original taste or blend with low caffeine in other coffee, it makes you feel pleased with the admiring flavor.
Facts about Arabica Coffee
- The essence of Arabica Coffee is used in a shampoo named Arabica coffee fruit shampoo.
- These coffee beans are grown at a height of 1000-2000 meters altogether.
- Arabica beans are covering up the coffee industry 60-70% all over the world. This shows the high-level manufacturing and sale of Arabica coffee.
- Slightly roast the coffee beans before blending them for use. This enhances the taste and also makes it easier to blend.
Major production in Vietnam, Excelsa is considered as species of Liberica family. Covering only 7% of the coffee production in the world, it is only used for extra taste in coffee.
Excelsa Coffee Plants
Dalat Highlands, area of Vietnam is famous for the Excelsa coffee farms. Traditional Sun dying method is used for processing of coffee.
Benefits of Excelsa Coffee
- Sweet Aroma, low in caffeine and the different taste is a good experience.
- Medium roast is the best choice for the perfect flavor.
Facts about Excelsa Coffee
Similar to Liberica as it Excelsa has the same tall trees, 20 to 30 ft in height, thus classified as Liberica specie.
Which Coffee beans are cheaper?
Robusta beans are cheaper than Arabica beans.
How many types of coffee beans are there?
There are 4 types of coffee beans
Which countries are famous in coffee beans?
Depending on your favorite flavor and coffee from the above-mentioned types, there are many things new to read. Comment below what kind of coffee is suitable for you? We will love to help you out.